Saturday, May 28, 2016

Arbonne

This week, I've been trying some new make up, cleansing products and nutrition. A friend from school has taken on a unique business, and asked me to trial some of his products out & let him know what I thought! So, when I arrived back on Saturday I got a little package delivered from Arbonne.

My goodie bag! 


Arbonne is a brand that's been around for about 35 years now, from a Swiss heritage! It focuses on creating a products, from make up & skincare, to sun lotions and nutrition. The USP for this brand is that it's all natural sourced ingredients, suitable for many people with intolerances such as dairy, gluten and wheat, but also is suitable for those who choose to go vegan with their diet - something that's becoming a lot more popular recently. 





There's a lot of bad press about cosmetic companies during their testing process - another amazing thing about Arbonne, aside from it's natural production, is it doesn't test on animals. 

In today's society, this has become a large factor in people's choice of brands, so there's another reason why you should give Arbonne a go!

So last Saturday, I met Chris (He works for Arbonne) who greeted me with a little pamper bag of my products. He gave me a range of make up, cleansers and nutrition to try for the past few days including; primer, foundation, daily cleanser, facial wash, eye soother, protein powder and energy boosters. 

I'll be the first to admit it, and I even said it to Chris when we met up to talk about the products, that I was very sceptical about trialling the products. You hear all the time about these 'clean & pure' new brands that will 'change your life'. So, when presented with my little bag of goodies, I thought "Hmm, how much of this is really going to make a difference?" 

On a day to day basis, I wear make up (No.7 is my preference), use cleansers & facial wash (Simple products - sensitive skin) and have recently began using more protein powders (Currently trying Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey mmmmm). 

However, to trial these I had to stop my day to day regimes and use Arbonne products instead. 

I kid you not, I have been IMPRESSED!! They've been absolutely fab! I'm very picky on my make-up, especially because I have sensitive skin, colours so important and value for money! But these products have been amazing & I was actually upset I had to give them back..

So my first day of being an Arbonne user was about to begin!

My Arbonne Diary:

Saturday - I'd already hit the gym, had my shower & was heading into Manchester, so I decided to use the Primer As I was heading out I wanted to wear my own foundation, so swapped my Clinique primer for Arbonne and then layered on my usual make-up. During the course of the night, my make-up did stay on longer but eventually it began to wear a little bit - this usually happens daily for me, as I have quite oily skin. Unfortunately, due to my alcohol consumption that evening I was in no fit state to cleanse my face before bed, so that was a job for Sunday morning!

Sunday - freshly hungover, I used my little tube of daily cleanser which you massage onto your face then rinse off. Oh my, my face felt like a baby's bum! It was lush! (I mean I know a baby's bum isn't lush, but the feel was like silk!) The rest of the day was recovering & just a chill day, so only minimal make up was used! One of my favourite things that I began to use on Sunday as well was the eye roller - it's meant to make your eyes seem brighter & with early work shifts coming up this week, I decided to give that a go as well! This evening I cleaned my face with the sensitive skin cleanser & a cotton bad & off to bed!

Monday - 5am is an early start as I'm back at work & for an 8 hour shift, I wanted to see if this make up could last the test of Tesco time! So both the Primer and Foundation were applied then I head into work..by the time I got home from work my make up was still in tact & I was very impressed. At this point I'd usually have to reapply or touch up certain areas of my face which are more oily, but not today! After work I head to the gym, before coming home for a shower & an early night. The foundation had lasted me through an eight hour shift, lunch and a hour and a half gym session which included my HIIT running! Never have I had such an easy day!

Monday Evening - After my first shift back at work & a gym session, I decided to fully cleanse my face this evening with my Arbonne products & in the morning I woke up feeling refreshed & revitalised!

Tuesday - Another chilled day really, as I took a shopping trip to Cheshire Oaks with my Mum! I did the same routine as Monday & once again, the results were astounding! All day shopping, trying things on, walking round in the sun! Did I mention that the products all contain SPF protection in them, so you're protected all day every day from those awful rays!

Wednesday - Unfortunately this was my last day of using the products! After a pretty slow start to the morning & definitely not being in the mood for the gym I decided to try one of the Nutrition Energy Shots. These are basically formed supplements that act in the same way as a shot of caffeine or a lucozade except they're made from organic products & not full of crappy sugars! Well, i was BUZZING! It was just what I needed to get me through a VERY hard HIIT session & arms! 

Wednesday Evening - My final evening cleansing my face with my products! Everything was used, daily cleanser, daily wash & the eye toucher! 

Thursday - Results Day! So Thursday morning I woke up feeling soft faced, clearer skin than the start of the week & generally felt much fresher all round! My eyes have a much better look to them, which is definitely needed with doing early, long(ish) shifts and I have to say I will definitely be investing in some of these products!

Friday - 5am start for me & I have to say, I was gutted I didn't have my Arbonne products to use today! However, my skin is feeling fresh, cleansed & revitalised after my weeks trial of the products! Keep reading for your chance to have a taste of Arbonne..literally if you like!

Although I've talked a lot about the make up side & cleansing range there's so much more to Arbonne than just those small things! It ranges from Skincare for all types of skin types, all ages and all conditions (soft, dry, sensitive) to nutrition for supplements, a men's health range, well being, make up and so much more! (Even an anti-ageing range for those of you who think you're having a mid-life crisis & need a helping hand!!)

One thing I think would be fab to do, especially for the girls, is a pamper day! You hear about these things all the time when new companies are promoting products - so I suggested to Chris that he set up a "Sunday Spa Day" - you can bring along your friends, family, anyone you like & try out the products for yourself to see just how fab they are! 

You won't be pressured to buy something, it will just be a fun day for you & your friends/fam, treat yourselves & learn a little bit more about Arbonne and what it's all about. 

If you'd be interested in joining him & his team at something like that either get in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter (@aprilalexandra1), Instagram (@aprilalexandrax) or email myself (aprilaslattery@yahoo.co.uk) or Chris (cjevo@live.co.uk) for more information! 

For any more information, head over to their website!

Compared to your high street brands like No.7, Maybelline, MaxFactor, Clinique and Benefit, Arbonne is similar in price in some areas, such as the nutrition range, some of their make up products - but don't forget, you're paying a little extra for a long way & a great movement in the production of cosmetics that will one day be the norm, so take a change & check out Arbonne - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for reading! X

Follow me on Instagram - @aprilalexandrax and Twitter - @aprilalexandra1



No comments:

Post a Comment